Waldorf just launched the Rocket table top synth. And away they go. Rocket looks really interesting and fun. Sounds good too. You have to love a pocket sized little powerful synth with a small footprint and reasonable price. Speaking of which, you might ask, what is the price point? Approximately $270 us dollars. The rocket should be available in March of this year. I’m sure YouTube will be set a blaze by the Rocket soon after.
Here is what Waldorf has to say about the Rocket.
It’s incredible sound is a powerful weapon of mass destruction, and never before has this been achieved with such an enormous fun factor. It features an analog multimode VCF with lowpass, bandpass, and highpass, resonance up to self oscillation and beyond, a powerful monophonic oscillator section with Ultra High Density Sawtooth and unison for chord play.
Furthermore equipped with a powerful Arpeggiator and a destructive Booster circuit, this Rocket is technologically way ahead of all current defense systems.
Check it out
- Analog multimode-filter (VCF) with Low Pass / Band Pass / High Pass
- Highly flexible oscillator-section with pulse width modulation and hard sync
- Up to 8 oscillators in unison for chords or Ultra High Density Sawtooth
- Low Frequency Oscillator (LFO) for modulation
- Envelopes for VCA, VCF and Sync
- Booster circuit to generate aggressive sounds
- Arpeggiator with different rhythmic patterns
- USB powered
- MIDI in and out
- Extensive control panel with high-end pots and switches
- Control via MIDI and USB
- MIDI clock sync
- Line output
- Loud headphone output
- Launch key for easy pre listening
For more info on the Waldorf Rocket head over to their website