Looks like Akai Pro finally finished up and released the MPC software update 1.3. That takes us to the latest version. And the crowd goes wild.
I’m interested to see what all of the Ren users have to say about the update. Feel free to join in and post comments below.
So what exactly is included in this new version? See below.
- Completely redesigned plugin architecture, allowing more features and flexibility. You can route multiple tracks to the same plugin.
- ProTools transport control (see Help menu for setup instructions).
- New vintage emulation mode: SP1200 Ring.
- Hardware zoom control (press shift + cursor keys).
- Project archive facility, to easily move projects between computers (File>Export>As Project Archive).
- Facility to delete all unused samples in a project (Edit>Delete Unused Samples).
- File import of MPC2000 and 2000XL format APS and ALL files.
- Support for custom program edit UIs for plugin programs. The bundled instruments now have tailor-made editors.
- New program mixer, with ability to hide unused tracks, and show mixer strips for plugin programs.
- Improved plugin selection system, allowing you to browse by plugin type, and by manufacturer.
- Redesigned main mode GUI, making information clearer and speeding up the workflow.
- Added new track and sequence selectors to speed up access.
- Project info list shows program type and the plugin loaded in each plugin program.
- Improved track view display, with automation editing for plugin programs, and access to common track settings in the lane.
- Improved the program editor for plugin programs.
- You can drag samples to lanes in the grid to load them onto a pad.
- Double-click in sequence editor to insert/remove a slice point.
- Improved the hardware’s pad light performance.
- Improved QLink performance.
- Better preferences window, that looks better and is better organized.
- Audio export of submixes and plugin programs.
- Improved MPC 3000 file import.
- Next sequence mode works like an MPC 4000, rather than an MPC 5000.
- Many, many bug fixes.
This Article was amended to reflect the latest press release from Akai Pro dated 02/28/2013
The MPC Software v1.3 update focuses primarily on workflow and flexibility. The plugin architecture has been completely overhauled and now supports multi-timbral VST and AU plugins and allows access to the same plugin across multiple sequences . Entire programs can now be created by simply dragging and dropping sample folders onto a pad. Sample chops can be added or removed by double-clicking the mouse or using the Split/Combine feature from the LCD. And MPC Renaissance and MPC Studio users can also now easily zoom in and out on their computer screen by holding Shift and pressing the arrow keys on their MPC.
“This update brings the essential improvements that MPC Renaissance and MPC Studio users have been asking for,” said Dan Gill, Akai Professional MPC Product Manager. “We’re listening and we’re committed to making MPC Software one of the most powerful and versatile DAWs available. The new SP1200 Ring mode is another sign of things to come. We have big plans to roll out some more killer Vintage Modes.”
Building upon the MPC60, MPC3000, and SP1200 Vintage Mo des, already available for MPC Renaissance, is the all-new SP1200 Ring mode in v1.3. It incorporates a classic trick where producers would bypass the SP1200’s output jack filter.
“It’s a dirty, gritty sound meant to satisfy diehard MPC users and come as a wake-up call to producers who’ve only been exposed to the more hi-fi sounds that are so prevalent today,” said Gill.