Moog Grandmother landing at Guitar Center.
The first 500 Moog Grandmothers have already shipped and are available for order today exclusively through Guitar Center.
Today we release Grandmother, a semi-modular analog synthesizer with a built-in arpeggiator, sequencer and spring reverb tank that harkens back to Moog’s modular roots, where synthesis is not only about the end result, but the journey of discovery and experimentation.
Grandmother’s semi-modular design ensures that human beings of any skill-level can easily explore and experience the joys and magic of analog synthesis — start playing immediately with “no patching required”, then explore an infinite sonic playground with Grandmother’s endlessly reconfigurable front panel and analog spring reverb tank.
To explore the sonic possibilities and cosmic context of Grandmother, we visited the Linear Labs studio of artist-composer Adrian Younge (Black Dynamite, Netflix’s Luke Cage).
In this video, Younge gives his personal “Thesis On Sound” while incorporating Grandmother into his retro-inspired creative workflow at Linear Labs.
- 100% analog synthesizer with 32-note Fatar keybed
- Semi-modular design, requires no patching to play
- All normalized connections can be interrupted for full modularity
- Hardware Spring Reverb can be used to process external sounds
- 1/4” External audio input for guitars, drum machines, and more
- Easy to use Arpeggiator and Sequencer
- Store up to 3 sequences with up to 256 notes each
- 2 Analog Oscillators with selectable waveshape and hard sync
- Classic 4-Pole 10Hz-20kHz Ladder filter
- Patchable 1-Pole High Pass filter
- Analog ADSR Envelope Generator
- Analog LFO with audio-rate capabilities
- DIN MIDI In/Out/Thru and USB MIDI
- Patchable bipolar attenuator
- Works with Mother-32, DFAM, Eurorack modular systems and more
- 41 patch points with 21 inputs, 16 outputs and a Parallel-Wired 4-jack Mult