Swedish musical instrument company Elektron today announced that the analog tabletop synthesizer Analog Four MKII is now shipping.
Analog Four MKII is a four voice analog tabletop synthesizer. The sequencer gives total access to all aspects of the analog sounds and the four CV/Gate outputs mean external gear can be controlled as well.
The analog circuitry of Analog Four MKII has been thoroughly reworked and provides deep, clear and defined bass plus a more prominent analog overdrive/distortion effect. Integrating the Analog Four MKII with external gear and computers is easy thanks to dedicated audio outputs for each voice, two expression/CV inputs, and high bandwidth Overbridge.
The aluminium enclosure, the durable back-lit buttons, the big OLED screen, the hi-res encoders and the dedicated quick performance controls are other notable enhancements. They make the workflow quicker and more efficient. The total Analog Four MKII package is very complete, and offers an experience as close to sublime you can get.
Later this year, the Overbridge software suite will become available for Analog Four MKII. It offers powerful tools and features when using Analog Four MKII with computers, for example a dedicated VST/AU plugin interface for hardware control and USB audio streaming of the four internal analog audio tracks.
“Analog Four MKII is a remarkable update. The sound is punchy and deep, and the new look is simply stunning. Analog Four MKII is such a joy to use”, says Jonas Hillman, CEO of Elektron.
Analog Four MKII specifications
- 4 synth voices, each with:
- Fully analog signal path
- 2 × analog oscillator
- 2 × sub-oscillator
- 1 × noise generator
- 1 × 4-pole analog lowpass ladder filter
- 1 × 2-pole analog multi-mode filter
- 1 × analog overdrive circuit
- 2 × assignable LFO
- 1 × amp envelope
- 2 × assignable envelope
- Up to 4 notes of polyphony
- Up to 4 part multitimbrality
- Up to 4 note unison playback
- Chorus, Delay and Reverb send FX
- Quick Performance controls
- Live friendly Elektron sequencer
- CV/Gate sequencing
- 1 × ¼” headphones output
- 2 × ¼” impedance balanced main output
- 4 × ¼” separate stereo voice output
- 4 × ¼” CV/Gate output
- 2 × ¼” unbalanced external input
- 2 × ¼” expression/CV input
- 1 × USB 2.0 High Speed port
- MIDI IN/OUT/THRU ports with DIN Sync out
- Ultra crisp 128 × 64 OLED screen
- Precise hi-res encoders
- Durable back-lit buttons
- W385 × D225 × H82 mm (15.2 × 8.85 × 3.3″) including knobs, power switch and rubber feet
- Weight approx. 2.4 kg (5.3 lbs)
- Fully compatible with Analog Four MKI projects/data
Pricing & availability
Analog Four MKII will be €1449/$1399. Shipping now.
More info at Elektron.se