Dope Sonix, friends of BBoyTechReport.com and makers of such dope VSTs as Beat Machine 1 & 2, Bass Engine 1 & 2, Soul Town and Crate Digger adds to their gritty line up with the new LOFI VST instrument. We are always open to new VSTs from Dope Sonix simply because of their propensity to nail the needs of the average 12 bit, lofi, tape saturated, boom-bap, urban production enthusiasts. LOFI VST is no exception.
When we first started the process of making LoFi we asked ourselves one question. Why has no one really made a VST instrument dedicated to this type of sound before? – Dope Sonix
Sure, there are plenty of fantastic VST’s with plenty of amazing presets but in reality, you would have to dig through thousands of shiny EDM orientated patches to find the obscure gritty gems. If you looking to create Old School Hip Hop, Chill Hop, Movie Soundtrack, Ambient and Electronica or just need to add some warmth and atmosphere to any track that sounds just too digital, then LoFi is the perfect choice.
A World of Atmosphere
With LoFi we have decided to create an easy to use yet versatile plug-in that will enable you to achieve a similar sort of sound influenced by artists ranging from Boards of Canada and Burial to Clams Casino and Brian Eno.
To obtain that classic, LoFi vintage sound, its not necessarily the instruments or samples that creates the overall vibe but the way they were recorded or processed afterwards. A pristine, lifeless piano once recorded into a 12Bit MPC, treated with a touch of dirty reverb, lush tape delay then saturated with a vintage pre-amp soon takes on a character of its own.
When recording entered the digital age and virtual instruments were introduced it seemed as though traditional analog synths would be deemed surplus to requirements.
Even with the many good (and bad) tape emulation plug-ins available to producers, you just can’t beat the real sound of tape.
It seems, regardless of the new digital formats hardware companies thrust upon us, vinyl will just not go away. In fact, year on year vinyl’s popularity is growing and that’s down to one main reason.
- 200 LoFi / Chill Hop / Ambient / Electronica inspired instruments.
- Treated with a variety of cool, vintage analog equipment
- Built in pitch, pan, glide and volume controls
- Built in classic sounding reverb
- Built in flexible ADSR controls
- Built in Hi & Lo pass filter
- Mono, Poly and Legato modes.
- Soft, Normal and Hard velocity modes.
- Ultra low CPU usage [perfect if you own a laptop / tablet / low spec PC/MAC]
- Ultra fast patch loading [flick through patches in lightening quick times]
- Program your melodies manually or use a MIDI/USB controller/keyboard/MPD
Available now for Mac (AU/VST) or PC (32/64bit) for £60 | $80 via https://www.dopesonix.com/artist/lofi-chill-hop-ambient-keys/