Akai MPC Software Update Version 1.4 is available for download as of today. This means version 1.4 is the 64bit version (at least that’s what I’m code naming it). Looks like a good number of new features and improvements are included in this update. interestingly enough the documentation says April 2013 for release date. Ummm, not so much. But I air on the side of taking the time needed to get it done correctly. So a three-month delay is fine as long in that regard.
Well, that is all for now. No talking… just download. Enjoy.
Version 1.4 New Features
- 64-bit support for PC/Mac. The standalone application, VST and Audio Unit plugins now have 64-bit versions.
- Ability to load samples when playing.
- Ability to export return buses.
- Auto-save function (see preferences window).
- Control surface buttons auto-repeat when you hold them down (useful for zoom, locate, etc).
- Quick bank/mode selection via button double-tap. You can double-tap shift to enter “shift lock” mode. You can also double-tap bank/mode buttons directly.
- Multiple ﬁle selection in ﬁle browser.
- New ﬁle browser folder button behavior. The 1-5 buttons retain their stored location when you move away from them; the location can be set by press-and hold.
- QLink control of zoom and scroll in the sample editor.
- Added a sample overview in sample editor.
- LCD sample editor supports zoom and scroll.
- MIDI clock receive.
- Ability to alphabetically sort the samples list (see button over the Sample list)
- New command history window, with the ability to drag the undo position around (Edit>History…).
- Holding shift at startup skips any autoload ﬁles.
- Improved performance when switching sequences suddenly. No more dropped beats!
- Improved display of events in the track view.
- Grids and lists show when they have lost focus.
- Title bar shows “+” when the project has unsaved changes.
- Updated the UI in many other areas.
- Click and drag in grid headers to audition a range of events.
- Track view supports region select across multiple tracks.
- Undo/redo buttons on toolbar.
- Eﬀects selection has updated UI, with sort by vendor/type.
- Rationalize track types.
- You can now assign “no program” to a track.
- Optimization and performance improvements for better workﬂow.
- Fixed many bugs.
- Fix MIDI sync send.
- Fixed hardware screen corruption issues