Recently we reviewed a fun and very musical ipad app called Arpeggionome. For those of us that use iPhones as a part of our musical toolbox, app developer Alexandernaut has developed the iPhone version of Arpeggionome with a few cool midi updates and in app purchases. Check out the previous review of Arpeggionome Pro to get an idea of what Arpeggionome for iPhone is like.
SAN FRANCISCO — May 2013 — Arpeggionome for iPhone transforms your iPhone into a new and expressive musical instrument. Design intricate patterns of musical notes, then trigger those patterns at different pitches and speeds with an x-y matrix. Tilt the iPhone for accelerometer-controlled pitchbend and volume, and with the ‘MIDI Upgrade’ in-app purchase, control other iOS MIDI apps, external MIDI gear, and computer software like never before.
Design arpeggio patterns from scratch, or use a preset.
• Fifteen touch-knobs are used to design complex musical patterns.
• A wide-range of presets are accessible via buttons or table-view.
The Performance Matrix: musical expression at 240 notes-per-second.
• Move up-and-down the matrix to set the pattern’s rate.
• Move left-and-right to set the pattern’s starting-note.
• Trigger up to 240 notes-per-second.
Accelerometer-controlled pitchbend and volume, essential for 8-bit solos.
• Tilt the iPhone forward-and-back to control volume.
• Tilt the iPhone left-and-right to control pitchbend.
A sophisticated MIDI implementation.
• Control other iPad music apps (such as Animoog, GarageBand, FunkBox, and Magellan).
• Control external MIDI hardware (synthesizers, drum machines, sound modules, etc.).
• Control external MIDI software (devices in Ableton Live, Logic, Pro Tools, etc.).
• Supports Virtual MIDI, CoreMIDI hardware interfaces, MIDI over Bluetooth, and MIDI over WiFi.
• $4.99 In-App Purchase required.
• “Arpeggionome” = Arpeggio + Metronome.
• Created by Alexandernaut, an Electrical Engineer / iOS Developer / Musician based in San Francisco.
• iPhone version of Arpeggionome Pro for iPad (currently available in the App Store).