Magellan now supports Audiobus in latest update 2.0. Yonac’s Magellan is one of the best and most coveted iOS synth apps to date. Described as a professional analog modeling synthesizer for the iPad and iPad Mini, Magellan 2.0 has 2 independent polyphonic synth engines with FX rack, a total of six oscillators, dual filters per engine and much much more.
Fortunately for us being one of the best just wasn’t good enough for Yonac, the makers of Magellan. That’s why Magellan 2.0 includes features like Audiobus, expanded midi capabilities, expanded time signatures and a fresh new batch of Sunsine Audio patches.
Check out the video demonstrating the latest 2,0 features…
Yonac lists the following as Magellan 2.0‘s bug fixes with new and improved features
• Audiobus integration: use Magellan as an input in Audiobus graphs!
• Free new bank of 32 presets produced by Sunsine Audio!
• Fully compatible with the new Magellan Jr. for iPhone and iPod Touch
• New touch pad control framework with highly improved expression and expanded options:
✔ Step-to-step glide with adjustable note snapping
✔ New per-voice vertical controls, including FM parameters and velocity
✔ Display all occurences of selected notes in octaving mode
✔ Integrated with keyboard hold
✔ Edit musical scale
✔ Improved touch pad navigation, now enabled by simply using the scroll lock button
• New velocity sense feature for the keyboards, using the accelerometer. Touch softly for quieter notes, and tap harder for louder ones.
• Completely updated MIDI Learn / CC Maps feature
✔ Four new modules you can control with MIDI: Arp 1, Arp 2, FX and Sequencer!
✔ Over 350 mappable / learnable MIDI destinations
✔ Knobs, switches, displays and other UI elements are now animated with MIDI input
✔ Manipulate Arp settings, or program and use the Sequencer — all via MIDI
• MIDI Bank and Program changes
• Enumerated banks/presets tables for easier reference for program changes
• Settable hardware buffer size
• Much wider range of keyboard key sizes
• Updated recording module:
✔ Fixed-length recording option for creating loops on-the-fly
✔ Start recording on first touch option
• New, more robust metronome with a wider range of time signatures
• Bugfixes, internal improvements and optimization:
✔ iOS 6.0 mime type bug that affected bundle sharing via email
✔ Intermittent WIST issue when using sequencer as master
✔ Many subtle improvements to UI and synth engine
✔ Other fixes and improvements
• Completely tested and compatible with iOS 6, iPad Mini and iPad 4