Three new Eurorack modules include Fusion VCF3, Fusion Modulator and Fusion VCA-Waveshaper-Ringmodulator
Riga, Latvia, April 23, 2020 — Erica Synths is one of the few manufacturers that uses vacuum tubes in its Eurorack modules — and those who are familiar with tube-based modules know that tubes can push the sound to extremes, or transform it into deep and saturated tones. Today, Erica Synths announces three new Fusion series modules: Fusion VCF3
, Fusion Modulator
and Fusion VCA-Waveshaper-Ringmodulator.
These modules comprise the new Erica Synths Fusion System II: a modular synthesizer for creating sounds of unprecedented pressure, unconventional modulations and creativity. The 104HP system has 63 patch points for extensive experiments in sound design, using all analog signals and CV paths. It is a system for those, who take a sound design seriously.
Fusion System II includes:
- Two Fusion VCO2s: This is a fully analog sound source with three simultaneously available waveforms; transistor-based sub-oscillator and detune function; two BBD delay lines to shift frequencies and mix back to the principal oscillator (this can emulate two detuned VCOs). On top of it all, a Tube Crunch control delivers distinct tube overdrive.
- A Fusion VCF3: This is a resonant 24dB/oct lowpass filter of unique design that combines vacuum tubes and vactrols, providing distinct, soft filtering. For more versatility, a CV recorder that records motion of the potentiometer is also incorporated in the module so users can design advanced modulation patterns.
- Fusion Modulator – This is a complex, all analog CV source consisting of several blocks including two EMS Synthi inspired looping envelope generators with simultaneous unipolar (0V-10V) and bipolar (-5V-+5V), VCA, a Noise generator and a Sample & Hold.
- Fusion VCA-Waveshaper-Ringmodulator – This is a modulation source based on two miniature pentodes that operate as VCAs, waveshaper and ringmodulator. With two CVs applied simultaneously to different stages of the VCA audio rate modulations, using the ringmodulator as a waveshaper becomes a surprisingly versatile sound shaping module.
- Fusion Delay/Flanger/Vintage Ensemble – This is a distinct multifunctional analog effects module that combines BBD chip based effects with an adjustable tube overdrive in the delay output, as well as a feedback path for extra thickness of the sound.
- 104HP One Row Skiff case (with or without a lid)
- 20 patch cables
Fusion System II is available from June 5th at €1,950 MSRP (VAT excl.) without case lid, and €2,030 (VAT excl.) with case lid.
About Erica Synths
Erica Synths team of visionaries, engineers and musicians have been working hard to bring you modules and instruments that will set your modular system apart from mass in terms of how it sounds, looks and functions.