Make Noise Introduced the QPAS, a Quad Peak Animation System today on IG.
You can always count on Make noise to provide unique and massively addicting modules. I expect that the QPAS will be no different.
“A Quad Core Stereo Filter with shared cutoff and resonance controls, as well as independent Radiate controls providing stereo peak spacing and animation for both the Left and Right channels! QPAS also includes a dedicated input stereo VCA and four pair of stereo outputs: Low Pass, Band Pass, High Pass and the new Smile Pass!
Unique to QPAS as well are two experimental !! Inputs that affect multiple portions of the circuits at once! QPAS is completely voltage controllable and responds equally well to CV and audio-rate modulation.”
The origins of the QPAS are explained on the Make Noise site..
When I worked at Moog calibrating Voyagers, I monitored with headphones, and one of my favorite sound sensations was that of the stereo low pass filter. You might not even recall that the Voyager had a stereo Dual LPF. It is under utilized since most folks are trying to achieve classic Model D goodness, and the OG MiniMoog was a very mono instrument. – Tony Rolando
QPAS is short for Quad Peak Animation System. Inside the QPAS there are four identical state variable filter cores with a control system devoted to utilizing them in a stereo multi-peak configuration amongst other things.
- Quad Core Stereo Analog
- Multi-Peak with clean resonance
- Fast response encourages deep FM
- Radiate spaces stereo image and animates associated channel
- High Q settings are under damped, excitable, and ring by gate or trigger
- 2 !! modulation inputs aid patch exploration
- Stereo VCA, pre-filter with gain
- Mono to Stereo, Stereo to Mono, Mono to Mono and Stereo to Stereo operations
- Smile Pass filter response unique to QPAS
- Low Pass, Band Pass, High Pass and Smile Pass outputs simultaneously available
- Width: 18hp
- Max Depth: 30mm
- Power: 166mA @ +12V / 190mA @ -12V
- MSRP: $379
For more info head over to Make Noise’s QPAS product page.