Swedish musical instrument company Elektron today announcedModel Samples, a six track sample based groovebox packing Elektron superpowers into a sleek, lightweight, and accessible package.
Compact in size, massive in sound. This easy-to-grasp six track sample based groovebox is perfect for entering the world of music making. The sound engine uses high-quality digital samples and the device comes with 300 hand selected sounds from Splice’s renowned content library. The samples range from familiar kicks, snares, and hi-hats to exotic, never-before-heard alternatives. Of course there is plenty of space for your own sounds too. And thanks to the creative possibilities of the sound engine, you can easily personalize any sample until it sounds just the way you want it.
An Elektron first, this machine offers a complete set of tactile controls, with one function per knob. To shape your sound; just grab and twist. Then unleash your music spontaneously using the six tough, velocity sensitive pads. Record your every move live, or punch in your creation one step at a time using the superb Elektron sequencer. All this in a class compliant plug-and-play machine weighing in at under one kilogram, but packing the snarling sonic power you’ve come to expect from the ragged Swedish shoreline.
Model:Samples key features:
Control All lets you twist your sounds to oblivion. Then use Reload to take you back to where you started
Use Parameter Locks to automate parameters. Each step can have a totally different sound
Load six samples at once – just like a kit. Great when you have made a Pattern with Parameter Locks, LFOs etc… Load six new samples to instantly experiment and come up with unique and unexpected results
Write basslines and melodies using Chromatic Mode
New Chance parameter. Chance determines the possibility whether the sequencer steps on a track are triggered or not. Combining Chance with the Control All functionality can lead to many interesting results and happy accidents
Record sequences with or without quantization. Steps can be micro-timed with individual Swing control per track
Individual Step Length per track
Individual Tempo Multiplier per track
Class compliant USB audio 2.0
– 6 Audio tracks (all of which may be used as MIDI tracks as well)
– 6 × Velocity sensitive pads
– 96 Projects
– 96 Patterns per Project
– 1 × Sample playback engine per track
– 1 × Resonant multimode filter per track
– 1 × Assignable LFO per track
– Delay and reverb send FX
– Elektron sequencer up to 64 steps with unique length and scale settings per track
– Real-time or grid recording of notes and parameters
– 64 MB sample memory
– 1 GB storage
– Class compliant USB audio 2.0
– 1 × 1/4″ Headphones output
– 2 × 1/4″ Balanced main outputs
– 1 × Hi-speed (micro) USB 2.0 port
– 1 × 3.5 mm standard audio minijack (TRS) for MIDI In
– 1 × 3.5 mm standard audio minijack (TRS) for MIDI Out/Thru
– 2 × slots for attaching Powerhandle BP-1 (battery pack to be released at a later date)
W270 × D180 × H40 mm (10.63 × 7.09 × 1.58″) (including knobs and rubber feet)
Weight: approximately 0.814 kg
Pricing & availability
For pricing contact your local retailer.
Model:Samples will be available in February.
Come see Model:Samples at NAMM, Hall B, booth 10102, later this week.