Elektron dropped the Digitakt on us at NAMM 2017 a few months ago. Unfortunately there was no live demos of the Digitakt to be consumed at the time. Sort of sucks considering I was ready and in attendance at NAMM to grab a demo and all. Fast forward to Superbooth 2017 and we can finally hear it and get a few demos of it in use.
Here we have Cink aka Dataline and Cuckoo having a nearly 40 minute go at the Digitakt. In the demos that I’ve seen I think it’s pretty clear that Digitakt is a dope groovebox with good sound design possibilities.
I’ll leave this note here for Elektron …
“Send me (BBOYTECH) the Digitakt so I can set it on fire for the hip-hop heads.”
It’s worth noting that this stand alone sampler, Digitakt, is Overbridge compatible. This means the Digitakt will have tight integration with Ableton Live. Unfortunately, the Overbridge comparability comes at a premium and additional charges will apply. That’s a stark difference from Elektron’s previous stance on offering Overbridge for free.
Here is a bit more about the specs and use with Overbridge from Elektron’s site.
Overbridge and Digitakt
Overbridge is a software suite from Elektron, offering powerful tools when using Digitakt together with computers. Overbridge for Digitakt comes in two variants: Basic and Premium.
Overbridge Premium Highlights
- Fully integrate Digitakt with DAW environments
- Control Digitakt with a dedicated VST/AU plugin interface
- Use Digitakt as a 2 in/2 out sound card (CoreAudio/ASIO/WDM)
- Stream the eight internal tracks to separate DAW tracks (24 bit/48 kHz)
- Recall all Digitakt settings when loading a DAW project
- Plus all features of Overbridge Basic
Overbridge Basic Highlights
- Sample manager/librarian functionality
- MIDI over USB
- Digitakt sequencer/DAW sync
- Computer screen visualization of Digitakt parameters
- Audio streaming of Main outs over USB (time limited sessions)