Last week we reported on a Deluge, new groovebox, sequencer, sampler and synth. This week we are reporting on its unveil and pre-order status.
Deluge is described as “The Deluge is a revolutionary instrument: a portable, combination synthesizer, sequencer and sampler that does everything you need for the creation and performance of electronic music without the need of a computer.”
According to the Synthstrom.com, Deluge is just about ready to make its debut. Pre-Orders are in fact the order of the day. Deluge goes for $1450 in terms of stateside retail. However, Synthstrom offers a special introductory price that will allow the purchase Deluge for $780. If you still are not convinced, try this. There is a special payment plan for $250 down and $40 per week for a total of 16 weeks.
Here are a few videos to get you familiar with Deluge
Sound Editor, Patching Matrix & Sampling
Sequencing External Gear & Patch Examples
- Piano-roll-style sequencing on 128 full RGB pads (16×8) with scrolling and zooming.
- Full-featured Internal synthesizer engine (subtractive and FM).
- Plays samples from SD card (up to 32GB SDHC).
- Sequencing limited only by device RAM (many thousands of notes).
- Polyphony limited only by CPU. Typically around 48 synth voices or 64 unaffected sample voices may play.
- 64MB of sample ram – work with up to 12 minutes (if mono) of CD-quality samples per song.
- Live adjustment of synth and effect parameters with two endless-turn encoders with LED level-meters. Easy buttons to select the functions these control. Parameter automation recording.
- Advanced syncing capabilities. Weird time signatures supported. Adjustable swing.
- Dedicated volume and tempo knobs.
- LFOs and envelopes on each synth / sample. Highly customizable patching matrix.
- Synthesizer engine features LPF / HPF, arpeggiator, portamento, oscillator sync, ring modulation, unison detune, and more. Four basic waveforms, or select any WAV file from the SD card.
- FX including delay, reverb, chorus, flanger, phaser, bitcrushing, sidechain effect, live stutter, and more.
- Time-stretching of samples
- Keyboard mode, where the pads become a live instrument on a 2D grid.
- Preset or custom scales, or chromatic mode.
- Internal speaker, rechargeable Li-ion battery (6+ hours of operation), and microphone.
- 3.5mm mic and ¼” line inputs.
- Two ¼” line outputs, and 3.5mm headphone output.
- 2x CV outputs. 0 – 10V, individually configurable to 1, 1.2, 0.26 or 0.32 volts per octave, or to hertz per volt.
- 4x gate / trigger outputs individually configurable to v-trig or s-trig, with shared voltage switchable between 5V and 12V. Trigger clock output configurable, up to 192 PPQN.
- Trigger clock input, also with adjustable PPQN.
- MIDI input and output via hardware connectors or USB. Syncing via MIDI beat clock as master or slave.
- Simultaneously output separate sequences to all 16 MIDI channels, 2 CV / gate channels and 2 additional gate outputs, in addition to internal synthesizers / samples (limited only by CPU and RAM, as above).
- Powered via USB or 9 – 12V centre-negative (pedal-style) power supply (500mA) (not included).
- User-upgradeable firmware – expect updates from Synthstrom Audible.
- Dimensions: 305mm x 208mm x 46mm (12 x 8.2 x 1.8 inches).
- Weight: 1.5kg
For more info
Synthstrom Audible’s Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/synthstromaudible/