August 23, 2016 – IK Multimedia, the leader in mobile music creation, is pleased to announce the release of SampleTank 2 for iPhone and iPad, a major update to the flagship virtual instrument for mobile musicians. With SampleTank 2, iOS users now have the power of desktop virtual instruments – without compromise – with a massive number of over 1,900 high-quality instruments and the most advanced sound and groove workstation for the mobile platform.
A world of sounds on your mobile device
SampleTank 2 for iOS is a sample-based virtual instrument that allows users to have at their fingertips thousands of sounds from multiple categories of acoustic, electric and electronic instruments – all on their iPad or iPhone. To start, players can load up to 8 simultaneous parts from a selection of 140 included instruments in 16 categories, including: piano, drums, bass, guitar, strings, keyboards, synths, organs and more. These instruments can be played in a live setting or when composing with the device interface or an external keyboard or pads controller. The new SampleTank 2 sound engine is exactly the same as its Mac/PC software counterpart, offering astonishing realism and audio quality, thanks to the increased CPU power and memory of the latest generations of iPhones and iPads.
Over 700 new pro-quality sounds
Hundreds of new sounds are now available for in-app purchase in SampleTank 2 with six new “Pro-Instrument” packs comprising over 500 new instruments that let users customize their sound set for any kind of compositional style or musical genre:
- “Classic Keys” offers 73 keyboard instruments (piano, electric piano, and organ)
- “Synths” delivers 279 instruments (including synth leads, pads, hits, and FX)
- “Bass” offers 25 electric and 43 synth basses
- “Ethnic & Voices” presents 21 ethnic instruments and 10 vocal instruments
- “Drums and Loops” includes 61 instruments in 5 categories (drums, groove construction kits, acoustic drum loops, Latin percussion loops, and percussion)
- “All Pro Sounds” bundle includes all of the above (544 Instruments in 15 instrument categories)
What’s more, three additional new downloadable libraries are also available for in-app purchase:
- “Alan Parsons Grand Piano” includes 13 piano sounds recorded by the legendary Pink Floyd engineer
- “Future Synths” has 150 synth sounds and patterns for a lifetime’s worth of sound design
- “Elektronika – Deep House” is an essential mix of 4 loop construction kits and 32 jackin’ beats, big-room bass, shiny synths, classic pianos, huge FX instruments and more
More libraries, previously only available for SampleTank desktop, are scheduled for monthly releases from signature titles like Neil Peart Drums, Hugh Padgham Drums, Terry Bozzio Drums, Billy Cobham Drums, American Acoustic guitar and more.
All new sounds are in addition to the previously available content – the original factory sound set plus the orchestral Miroslav Philharmonik, Sonik Synth and SampleMoog Mobile Editions. This brings the total universe of SampleTank 2 for iOS sounds to over 1,900 instruments and over 1,200 MIDI patterns – the largest collection of sounds available for any virtual instrument on the iOS platform.
Redesigned interface for faster creation workflow
The SampleTank 2 interface has been redesigned in many of its core operation components for a much faster music creation workflow. Plus, the new design provides more advanced composition features right where they are needed most. The new Live interface, the new Browser and Song mode, the redesigned Pad interface and additional advanced MIDI features, have all been implemented to make SampleTank 2 the most powerful mobile sound workstation to date.
- – New instruments and patterns Browser
- Even though users can have well over a thousand sounds and patterns at their fingertips in SampleTank 2, the re-designed instrument browser makes it easy to find the right sound for the right application, taking full advantage of multi-touch gestures and providing an immediate visual reference of the instruments, thanks to new 3D images and icons.
- – New Live interface
- In the new Live interface, SampleTank 2 becomes an extremely powerful real-time playing instrument where its 8 instrument slots can be used to create layers, splits, or multis easily and quickly thanks to the multi-touch device interface. Additionally, loops and patterns can be loaded and used to create backing tracks and accompaniments at any time. All of these features operate the same way they would on an advanced hardware sound workstation, empowering mobile users to do what they would do on an instrument costing thousands of dollars – all from the convenience of their mobile device.
- – New Song mode interface
- For composers, the new Song mode includes helpful compositional tools like an integrated 8-track MIDI sequencer featuring an optimized interface for fast, intuitive recording. The sequencer also supports looped instruments to kick-start musical creativity in a snap. The new full song timeline with one-touch real-time rewind helps when laying down ideas easily and effortlessly during the recording process.
- – New Pads interface
- For beat makers, the redesigned Pad interface with 4×4 launch pads lets them create grooves and beats with ease. The new velocity and repeat sliders make complex beat programming a breeze for every skill level of beat maker and producer.
- – MIDI learn
- The new MIDI learn function makes controlling SampleTank 2 from any standard MIDI keyboard or pads controller easier than ever. MIDI learn lets users program their controllers with a fully intuitive step-by-step interactive process providing seamless integration with their existing hardware – no instruction manual needed!
Plays well with iRig interfaces and controllers
Although SampleTank 2 makes exceptional use of touch control-even for tight spaces like smartphones-users can expand beyond touch. IK’s iRig MIDI 2, iRig PRO or iRig Pro DUO interfaces connect SampleTank 2 iOS with all popular standard MIDI controllers, while the iRig KEYS line of MIDI controllers or the iRig Pads groove controller offer compact, immediate plug-and-play, mobile-friendly and studio solutions for on-the-go musicians with no need for additional adapters. Additional SampleTank sounds are also unlocked when you register compatible IK hardware.
Pricing and availability
SampleTank 2 is a universal app for iPad and iPhone and is available now as a direct download from the App Store as a Free version (over 20 instruments), and paid version (over 140 instruments) for only $/€19.99. Additional Sound Packs are available through in-app purchase starting at $/€5.99. Existing users will immediately benefit from the fully redesigned interface and new features for free. Newly released SampleTank Pro sound packs and downloadable libraries are available for in-app purchase starting at $/€9.99.
|Download SampleTank 2 for iOS from the App Store, please visit:www.appstore.com/sampletank
For more information, please visit: