Here is an excellent video featuring thereminist Lydia Kavina. Lydia demos and tutors us on how to use the complex instrument that is the Theremini.
If you’ve ever been curious on how you could use this instrument, here is your chance to get schooled in the ways of the Theremini.
As described by Source Distribution “Thereminist Lydia Kavina, first taught by Léon Theremin himself, gives us great tips and tricks for playing the wonderful new Moog Theremini. If you’re just getting started with the Theremini, make sure to check it out! Want more info? See below!”
• Pitch correction w/ selectable scales and root note
• Built in tuner allows you to learn pitch and scales
• 32 Wavetable based presets
• Built in speaker
• Headphone output
• Two 1/4″ audio outputs
• Single Pitch CV output w/ selectable range
• User selectable scale and root note (stored per preset)
• User selectable range: highest note and lowest note (stored per preset)
• Adjustable Stereo Ping-Pong Delay
• Removable pitch antenna – built in storage compartment on bottom-side
• Built in 3/8” Mic stand and Camera stand adaptor
• High quality rubberized feet
LCD SCREEN: 128 X 64 pixel LCD with white backlight.
HEADPHONE JACK: 1/8” (3.5mm) TRS headphone jack. Inserting a headphone plug will disable the internal speaker
VOLUME KNOB: Controls headphone volume and built in speaker volume.
PITCH BIAS KNOB: Determines the amount of pitch correction from 0% to 100%
SCALE BUTTON: Select from a list of built in scales
ROOT BUTTON: Select the root note to be used by the scale
SETUP BUTTON: Provides access the setup and calibration functions – also acts as a shift key.
DELAY LENGTH BUTTON: Selects the length of delay: SHORT, MEDIUM, LONG, or OFF
DELAY AMOUNT KNOB: Controls the amount of delay mixed with the dry signal.
PRESET KNOB: Selects the preset played from a built in list of 32 presets
LEFT OUTPUT: Line Level ¼” unbalanced TS
RIGHT OUTPUT:Line Level ¼” unbalanced TS
CV OUTPUT: ¼” TS – 0-5V or 0-10V selectable
USB: MiniB USB2.0 for USB MIDI – Note data in not yet supported
KENSINGTON LOCK SLOT
POWER SWITCH: Push ON / Push OFF
POWER JACK: 12VDC/1.2A from 100–240VAC external supply(included)
DIMENSIONS:22.75”L x 6.5”D x 15”H w/antenna (4”H without)
For more info on the Theremini go to the Moog Music product page.