Akai Professional Releases Largest MPC Software Update Ever
Introduces AAX compatibility, workflow enhancements, free expansions, a built-in synthesizer from AIR Music Technology, and over 100 other enhancements.
Cumberland, RI, USA – September 8, 2014. Akai Professional (akaipro.com), creator of the iconic Music Production Center (MPC), announces their largest-ever update to MPC Software – the software platform for creating music with the MPC Renaissance and MPC Studio. Version 1.7, a free update, introduces enhancements that bring the most in-demand features to modern music producers.
MPC Software version 1.7 introduces AAX compatibility for use with Pro Tools 10 and 11. In addition, the software’s audio structure has been optimized to allow for deeper manipulation of MPC programs including an enriched mixer interface, multi-processor audio path, improved metering accuracy, and new automation capabilities. Legacy MPC Software project files are supported by version 1.7 with the addition of enhanced creative control.
Continuing MPC’s track record for world-class content, MPC Software version 1.7 delivers a host of powerful new sonic tools. Hybrid 3, the best-selling synthesizer plugin from AIR Music Technology, is seamlessly integrated into the software. With automatic intelligent mapping of MPC’s controls, users can create lush, high-definition synth parts in the same environment as sample-based music. Version 1.7 also includes two free expansions from Prime Loops, the premier creator of sound libraries for music producers and DJs. The two expansions, Deep House Drums and Official Trap Drums, span over 30 new programs of fresh kits, loops, and demo tracks. A new expansion browser provides streamlined access to all instruments and sample expansion packs with better organization of programs, samples, and sequences.
The update also adds new creative workflow features. Direct Record brings a live loop-station-style sampling option to Sample Record Mode, letting producers build complex layered recordings effortlessly. For greater flexibility within the DAW environment, MPC users may export their project audio by program or track, as well as being able to mixdown insert return buses and the master effects insert.
“This is a monumental update for the MPC user,” noted Dan Gill, Akai Professional Product Manager. “We have added features and content that will ignite the creative process while giving the user more capability than ever within their favorite DAW. Even more, we are including an industry-leading synthesizer and two expansions to push the sonic boundaries even further.”
MPC Software v1.7 Highlights:
● AAX plugin compatibility for use with Pro Tools 10 and 11
● All-new audio mixer architecture with improved metering and control
● Multi-processor audio path with enhanced performance
● Extensive track automation with in-depth visual feedback
● Hybrid 3 built-in; a virtual synth from AIR Music Technology
● Comprehensive audio export; export audio by program and track
● Direct Record mode: real-time loop-style sample layering
● Mixer view filters for customized display of essential parameters
● All-new expansion browser with adjustable sample-audition volume
● Two free Prime Loops expansions; 30+ programs of kits, loops, and demo tracks
● New keyboard shortcuts for greater efficiency during common tasks
● Over 100 workflow and stability enhancements
MPC Software version 1.7 is available now as a free update for MPC Renaissance and MPC Studio owners. Internet-connected computers will automatically prompt MPC Software users for an update upon program startup. For a manual download or a comprehensive list of features, visit akaipro.com.