AIAIAI Debuts Studio Headphone Engineered by Young Guru
Danish design and manufacturer introduces a new TMA-1 Studio headphone fusing culture, technology, sound and design with Jay-Z’s Grammy-winning sound engineer
The TMA-1 Studio Young Guru Edition is the latest professional headphone from acclaimed audio technology manufacturer AIAIAI designed and engineered in collaboration withGrammy-winning sound engineer Young Guru whose work includes Jay-Z, Kanye West, Drake, and Alicia Keys. The Young Guru Edition is design for the highly discerning on-the-go producer and sound engineer in need of a durable reference headphone that delivers high-quality, full clarity, detailed audio for the studio and on the road use. The professional reference headphone is centered on a signature sound design by Young Guru offering an accurate audio representation of a physical studio environment in a pair of headphone whether producing, mixing or engineering music.
- Sound – developed in collaboration with the Grammy-winning sound engineer, the Young Guru signature sound accurately replicates the studio environment for discerning reference monitoring, supported by a high-grade 40mm titanium driver.
- Cushions – the interchangeable earpads are made of soft Japanese memory foam polyurethane ensuring maximum comfort for lengthy sessions, while a high-quality microfiber material covers the earpads adding durability and an extra layer of comfort.
- Headband – the one-piece headband is designed for high durability to withstand daily use, and the polyurethane headband cushion is covered in a high-quality microfiber material for added comfort, while the adjustable earcups offer perfect ear positioning,
- Reduced Weight – the Young Guru Edition of the TMA-1 Studio is the lightest weighing TMA-1 model at just 180 grams (0.4 lbs), resulting in minimal weight-stress on the head during mixing sessions, making for a more comfortable fit and reducing listener fatigue.
- Cable & Plug – a robust all-metal plug with polished finish is accompanied by a top-grade, high-gauge flexible headphone cable designed to withstand the rigors of the road as well as minimize cable memory for ease-of-use in any listening environment.
- Transducer Principle: Dynamic, closed
- Driver Unit Size: 40 mm
- Impedance: 32±10% Ohm
- Frequency Response: 20 to 20.000 Hz
- Total Harmonic Distortion: <0.35%
- Sensitivity: 102±3dB
- Maximum Power: 30 mW
- Microphone Sensitivity: -42dB±3dB
- Microphone Directivity: Omni Directional
- Weight without cable: 180 Gram
The TMA-1 Studio Young Guru Edition will be available July 17, 2013, distributed worldwide with a $249USD MAP.
For more general information about the project, please visit aiaiai.dk/youngguru
AIAIAI is an audio design company dedicated to developing high quality audio products for everyday use. AIAIAI’s modern, minimalist designed headphones and earphones deliver clear, amplified sound. Headquartered in Copenhagen, AIAIAI is proud to contribute to Denmark’s worldwide reputation as leader in acoustic and electro-acoustic design and engineering. Informed by a heritage of Scandinavian design, AIAIAI strives to create high quality, accessible audio products that deliver value far beyond trend-driven aesthetics.
About Young Guru
Young Guru whose birth name is Gimel Keaton, is a multiple Grammy-winning audio and mix engineer best known for his work with Jay-Z, mixing and engineering 10 of his 11 albums to-date. He’s also engineered for artists such as Alicia Keys, Drake, Kanye West, and Mariah Carey. Revered as “The Sound of New York,” Young Guru’s professional career spans two decades including sound engineering, music producer, music supervisor, music technology educator, as well as A&R for Roc-A-Fella Records and Def Jam Recordings.