Arturia released the SparkLE drum machine controller at winter NAMM 2013. Arturia made it pretty clear at NAMM that SparkLE is not an LE (limited edition or lite edition) version of the Spark. They also made note that its name is pronounced Sparkle (as in like a star) rather than Spark – L – E. Despite what the cat says (spark – L – E) in their initial tutorial video I will take their word for it.
Here is a video demo that we captured while at winter NAMM 2013
The SparkLE is a rather tidy little deal with 8 velocity and pressure sensitive backlit pads. Arturia SparkLE was designed with your preference of workflow in mind. You can either bang out beats with the pads in real time or use it’s “TR” style 16-key/64-step sequencer instead. Arturia SparkLE comes with the fully functioning Spark Engine which does double duty as software drum machine when totally detached from its hardware component unlike other drum machine hybrids that will not work when the hardware has been disconnected.
Other cool features include 3 assignable knobs, a touch sensitive XY pad with 8 filter modes and tune mode which will allow you to play notes chromatically cia the 16 keys and/or 8 pads. Straight up this is indeed a little bad beast with it’s 3 synthesis engines in tow.
For those traveling beatmakers, the SparkLE is the perfect companion. It comes with a fresh little neoprene bag that’s perfect for on the go. ARTURIA just may have a winner with the new SPARKLE drum machine. They’ve packed a mighty punch in a small package.
Main Features :
- Full featured Spark Software
- 3 synthesis engines: Virtual analog, Physical Modeling, Sample playback
- Works Standalone & as a plug-in (VST, VST3, AU, RTAS)
- Backlit velocity and pressure sensitive Pads
- Touch sensitive FX pad
- Mode selector – Bank, Pattern, Seq, Tune
- Bus powered, class compliant USB input
- User assignable encoders
- Advanced Looper Divide/Move function
- Classic ‘TR style’ programming
- Real-time programming from the pads
- Protective travel sleeve
- Small, Portable, Solid construction
- MIDI mode for use as a controller with any software