I will be the first to say that I am not a DJ. I have buddies that make good on that deal all day long. But I have to say I am intrigued by this cool compact mobile DJ mixer. The iRig MIX is IK Multimedia’s audio mixer for the iPad, iPhone, and the iPod touch. When used with an iPad, iPhone or iPod touch, IK’s DJ Rig app and other DJ apps, it is a complete, highly portable DJ system for practicing, rehearsing, performing and recording.
The iRig Mix lets you get your DJ Premier on while on the go. Imagine grabbing your Native Instruments Maschine Mikro, your iPad & your iRig MIX and heading out to your destination of choice for the evening and banging out a beat while you cut some vocal samples over your own joints. So simple and so mobile. Waiting for your next lecture class could give birth to your next hit. I can dig it.
The guys over at “TechfastLunch&Dinner” put together a good quick video review of the iRig MIX. Check it out…
DJs can choose either a traditional setup with two devices (one plugged into each of the independent channels) OR a single iOS device. This flexibility, combined with iRig MIX’s portability gives aspiring and pro DJs a compact system that can be used everywhere… anytime. iRig MIX is also versatile enough to provide the perfect mixing solution for solo musicians or small ensembles that use one or more iOS devices to play live. It includes an extra guitar/microphone input that can be processed with other IK popular apps like AmpliTube and VocaLive or any other app that offers real-time audio processing.
iRig MIX features
- 2 stereo inputs with gain, bass, treble and volume controls, independent cue on each channel with LED indication and channel crossfader
- Instrument/microphone extra input, with volume control, can be processed by iOS real-time effects apps (such as AmpliTube, VocaLive)
- Stereo output with RCA connectors, master level and LED meters
- High quality, pristine sound
- Quality headphone output for master or cue monitoring with independent volume control
- Input switch splits Input 1 into dual-mono for use with DJ mixing apps on a single iOS device
- “X-Sync” mode allows auto-sync with any audio source using the included DJ Rig free app
- Can be powered with the included AC adapter, battery pack and laptop USB ports
- Includes 4 free apps: DJ Rig, AmpliTube, VocaLive, GrooveMaker
iRig MIX includes 4 free apps (downloads from the iTunes app store): DJ Rig, the new professional DJ mixing app from IK, AmpliTube, the most popular iOS guitar amp and effects app, VocaLive the processing app for vocalists, and GrooveMaker, the loop based beat and groove making app.