Looks as if Roland decided to introduce a new SUPER Fantom module on steroids. It packs a mad powerful punch with 12 virtual expansion slots containing all of the SRX and SuperNATURAL sounds loaded and ready to fire. The INTEGRA-7 also comes loaded with technology designed to make incredibly realistic and spacial sounds. For the techie in you there is the INTEGRA-7 Editor app that lets iPad® users control the INTEGRA-7’s synth parameters, part mixer, and Motional Surround remotely via the INTEGRA-7’s USB connection.
Here is the official Roland Press Release.
Los Angeles, CA, August 31, 2012 — Roland is proud to announce the INTEGRA-7 SuperNATURAL Sound Module, a next-generation rack unit that employs the company’s very latest innovations in sound technology. Loaded with over 6,000 highly expressive sounds (SuperNATURAL sounds, PCM sounds, and all 12 SRX expansion boards), independent SuperNATURAL acoustic, synth, and drum sounds, and much more, the flagship INTEGRA-7 brings a new realm of creative power to keyboardists and composers both live and in the studio.
With the development of SuperNATURAL sound and Behavior Modeling, Roland has blurred the boundary between acoustic and electronic instruments. Built upon these core technologies, the INTEGRA-7 gives musicians a goldmine of the latest SuperNATURAL sounds in a fast-access, fully stocked 16-part module. With the immense power of the INTEGRA-7, musicians can create amazingly realistic and detailed orchestral arrangements, immersive spatial sounds, and beyond.
The powerful rack module also comprises a “greatest hits” collection of sounds from Roland’s flagship keyboards and modules, and is loaded with SuperNATURAL drum kit sounds derived from V-Drums. In addition, the INTEGRA-7 introduces a new technology called Motional Surround, a 17-part ambience engine (16 internal parts plus one external part) that lets users graphically control the distance and position of each part within a 360-degree sound field.
Housed in a stylish and rugged metal chassis, the INTEGRA-7 is beautifully designed and built to withstand decades of use, whether in a studio or a touring road rack. The internal components are premium grade, including high-quality, low-noise D/A converters.
The INTEGRA-7 is equipped with multiple dedicated effects engines, so users don’t have to worry about CPU load. Each of the 16 parts can have their own multi-effects and EQ, rather than sharing the same effects for all parts.
Across the INTEGRA-7’s front panel are dedicated buttons for accessing sounds and effects quickly, plus a large value dial surrounded by navigation keys. The LCD is easy to see, with adjustable contrast and brightness to suit the viewing angle and lighting conditions. A convenient USB memory port is provided for storing settings.
On the rear panel is an array of versatile connectors, including stereo XLR outputs, eight individual 1/4-inch phone outs, a digital (coaxial) output, MIDI IN/OUT/THRU jacks, and a USB port that supports audio streaming at rates up to 24-bit/96 kHz. For convenience and flexibility, input jacks for feeding external audio to the Motional Surround processor are provided on both the rear and front panels.
A custom INTEGRA-7 Editor app lets iPad® users control the INTEGRA-7’s synth parameters, part mixer, and Motional Surround remotely via the INTEGRA-7’s USB connection (using an Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit) or via the Roland WNA1100-RL Wireless USB adaptor. In addition, the app can be used for selecting sounds and reading/loading the 16-part Studio Sets. Also available is the Motional Surround VSTi Editor, which allows SONAR users to control and automate Motional Surround parameters from a plug-in within their DAW.
Roland’s new A-88 and A-49 MIDI Controller Keyboards are perfect partners for the INTEGRA-7. The SuperNATURAL mode button on the A-88/A-49 automatically assigns the INTEGRA-7’s most appropriate parameters to the mod lever, knobs, and D-BEAM for controlling the selected SuperNATURAL sound.
- Maximum Polyphony
- 128 voices (varies according to the sound generator load)
- 16 parts
- SuperNATURAL Acoustic SuperNATURAL Synth SuperNATURAL Drum Kit PCM Synth PCM Drum Kit * GM2 compatible sounds are included.
- Expansion Virtual Slots
- 4 Slots * The following titles are loaded from the internal memory into the virtual slots. SRX Series (12 titles) SRX-01 Dynamic Drum Kits SRX-02 Concert Piano SRX-03 Studio SRX SRX-04 Symphonique Strings SRX-05 Supreme Dance SRX-06 Complete Orchestra SRX-07 Ultimate Keys SRX-08 Platinum Trax SRX-09 World Collection SRX-10 Big Brass Ensemble SRX-11 Complete Piano SRX-12 Classic EPs Expansion SuperNATURAL Sounds (6 titles) ExSN1 Ethnic ExSN2 Wood Winds ExSN3 Session ExSN4 A.Guitar ExSN5 Brass ExSN6 SFX Expansion Hi-Quality PCM Sounds (1 title) ExPCM HQ GM2 + HQ PCM Sound Collection * The SRX Series and the Expansion SuperNATURAL Sounds use one virtual slot per title. * The Expansion Hi-Quality PCM Sounds use all four virtual slots.
- Multi-Effects: 16 systems, 67 types Part EQ: 16 systems Drum Part COMP+EQ: 6 systems Motional Surround Chorus: 3 types Reverb: 6 types Master EQ
- 256 x 80 dots graphic LCD (with backlit)
- PHONES jack (stereo 1/4-inch phone type) INPUT jacks (L, R) (1/4-inch phone type, Front) INPUT jacks (L, R) (1/4-inch phone type, Rear) OUTPUT A (MIX) jacks (L, R) (1/4-inch TRS phone type) OUTPUT A (MIX) jacks (L, R) (XLR type) OUTPUT B jacks (L, R) (1/4-inch phone type) OUTPUT C jacks (L, R) (1/4-inch phone type) OUTPUT D jacks (L, R) (1/4-inch phone type) DIGITAL AUDIO OUT jack (COAXIAL) MIDI connectors (IN, OUT, THRU) USB COMPUTER port (Audio/MIDI) USB Memory port AC IN jack