We’ve heard a lot of great things about Wavemachine labs lately. While researching another of their products I stumbled on this app iGOG. I haven’t had the chance to bang on it yet but I plan to. For a mere $2.99 on itunes, it’s well worth a post for those of us who haven’t gotten at this one yet.
iGOG is a massive multisampled drum machine unlike anything else available. iGOG sounds better than other drum machines because it uses Drumagog technology. (Drumagog is our award winning drum replacer, used by recording engineers worldwide for over 10 years). iGOG features up to 384 multisampled drum hits per pad. It combines dynamic, random and positional samples to form a drum sound so realistic, you’d swear it was the real thing.
iGOG introduces the impossible: touch sensitive pads that respond to how hard you hit them! Using WaveMachine Labs own patent pending* VelAUcity technology, iGOG accurately responds to your touch. The harder you strike the pads, the louder the drum hit. Finally, a drum machine that plays like a real kit.
Mic Triggering Mode
iGOG also lets you play other objects, such as a table and turns those hits into real drum sounds while you play! This gives a whole new dimension to “air drumming”.
iGOG contains a powerful drum sample engine which captures every nuance of a drum hit. Because a snare drum sounds different the harder it’s played, iGOG’s samples are packed with Dynamic Multisamples to ensure a faithful reproduction. iGOG’s Random Multisamples guarantee that no sample is ever played twice in a row, making rolls and flams sound realistic. Hi-hats take advantage of iGOG’s Positional Multisamples, which provide a smooth transition between closed and open styles. Simply slide your finger across the rectangular pad. iGOG also automatically switches between left and right hand samples, making drum rolls sound amazing.
- 8 velocity sensitive drum pads using patent pending VelAUcity technology
- Comes with 6 free drum kits. More available through the built-in store
- Load your own kits using standard wav, aif or Drumagog .gog files
- Hi-hat and Ride pads change articulation as you slide across the pads
- Built-in sequencer with standard MIDI file support
- MIDI export: save your sequences to your computer
- Sequencer features quantize, metronome, time signature, count-in, tempo and loop
- Backing track mode lets you play and record sequences in perfect sync to an mp3 file
- Mic trigger mode lets you play drums by tapping on objects, such as a table
- Built-in file transfer mode allows you to copy files between iGOG and your computer
- Mixdown feature lets you create an audio mix of your sequence