The Akai MAX 49 has arrived at AMS and Sweetwater weighing in at $499.Take a look at the Sweetwater video featuring Daniel Fisher demoing the unit
MAX49 is one of the most unique controllers ever engineered. Right away you’ll notice one of its most distinguishing features: four banks of eight backlit LED touch faders, allowing you to assign up to 32 control parameters. You can use MAX49’s LED touch faders just like analog faders by simply dragging your finger along their touch strips, or you can perform instant leaps in any MIDI value from zero to maxed out and everything in between—an unprecedented, unmatched controller capability.
MAX49 is also equipped with four banks of 12 backlit MPC pads, giving you a total of 48 assignable pads, allowing you to integrate legendary Akai Pro production capability into live performances and recording sessions alike. These backlit, velocity sensitive pads come with classic MPC Swing, Note Repeat, Full Level and navigation controls to give you all the tools you need to create music at your highest level.
MAX49 comes ready to command any controller hardware or software from any era: USB MIDI, traditional 5-pin DIN MIDI and even Control Voltage and Gate outputs are onboard, allowing you to control everything from today’s most advanced music software, to analog modular synths from as far back as the 1960s. Mackie Control and HUI protocols are also built in to give you instant compatibility with many industry standard DAWs.
When you’re ready to get down to business, MAX49 delivers essential controller features with excellence. 49 semi-weighted keys with Aftertouch are laid out before you, providing professional feel, perfect response and full musical expression. Large, centrally positioned transport controls give you straightforward track navigation, and rubberized pitch and modulation wheels provide for instant creative flourishes. MAX49’s expanded arpeggiator includes a Latch button as well as eight different time divisions to create sweeping and endlessly varied melodic cascades. A built-in step sequencer allows you to get the music in your head laid down with exacting detail.
Akai MAX49 USB MIDI Controller Features:
- Compact 49-key controller for sound modules from any era – USB, MIDI, or CV
- Semi-weighted keybed with aftertouch, perfect for getting the most out of synthesizers
- 12 real MPC pads, arranged in four banks for up to 48 programmable performance pads
- Eight touch faders can be assigned to control sequencer values, CC messages, and more
- Built-in 32-step sequencer, and 16-step arpeggiator
- Save your control mappings and created sequences as user programs that you can pull up at any time, for use with any sound module or software
- Dedicated transport controls for comprehensive DAW control
- Ideal controller for combining computer synthesizers, MIDI modules, and vintage synths with CV/Gate connectivity